Ultra-modern urban transportation at Mumbai Eastern Waterfront to make commute seamless
- # best real estate developers in mumbai
- # mumbai
- # Mumbai Eastern
- # piramal aranya
- # piramal realty
- # residential real estate projects
With the announcement by the Government of Maharashtra to transform the Mumbai Port area into a Sea Transport & Tourism Hub as per the evolving urban fabric, the infrastructural development aims to serve as a benchmark for port areas in metropolitan cities. The infrastructural expansion will see the 966.3 hectares of proposed eastern waterfront having a significant impact on the region’s overall development and lifestyle. The proposed development will offer better connectivity and have a positive influence on residential real estate.
The eastern waterfront consists of an extensive road and rail network. This transport infrastructure links the main regional corridors of the Eastern Freeway and Central Railway line. Additionally, a few locations on the waterfront will be deployed as passenger terminals for inter-city water-based traffic to the Gateway of India.
Here are some of the critical infrastructure developments that will have an impact on the overall development and lifestyle of the area:
- Trans-harbour sea link – The trans-harbour sea link that connects Sewri and Nhava Sheva will be a 21.8 km-long architectural masterpiece, easing congestion to the existing and prospective traffic movement in the city. Furthermore, South Mumbai residents would be able to reach the new international airport in Panvel within 20 minutes.
- 7-km long marine drive between Mazagaon Docks and Wadala – The development of Marine Drive 2.0, a 7 km-long road along the eastern waterfront between Mazgaon Dock and Wadala alongside the Mumbai Trans-Harbour Link will further boost connectivity and upgrade the lifestyle of its residents with scenic views. The new Marine Drive will be nearly twice the length of the Queen’s necklace in the west and will significantly aid Mumbaikars in commuting seamlessly.
- Sewri – Worli Link Bridge –The Sewri-Worli link bridge is a 4.5-km elevated corridor connecting the under-construction MTHL(Mumbai Trans harbor Link) at Sewri on the east and the upcoming coastal road at Worli on the west. The project includes two rail over-bridges (RoB) at Sewri and another two-tier bridge at Prabhadevi. The latter crosses the Central Railway and the Western Railway line. The upcoming infrastructure development will see the city well-heeled flocking back to Byculla as it is in proximity and connects the region seamlessly to other parts of Mumbai, which is a trend that is already starting to observe.
- Marina Project – Lastly, the Mumbai Port Trust has envisaged a marina project in Mumbai to cater to the high number of yachts that visit or are based in Mumbai. The development will give the city many tourist-friendly places like Mumbai Marina, Mumbai Eye, ropeway to Elephanta caves, gardens, cycling tracks, adventure sports, eco-park for flamingos and seafront leisure activities. The development promises to be the water-tourism-friendly coastline that Mumbai has wished for all these years. It will offer seamless connectivity to the harbour line and thus making it a perfect choice for homebuyers to own a dwell near Byculla.
The redevelopment of Mumbai’s Eastern Waterfront will also make way for 62 percent of open space for the public, which will make the area radically different from the rest of Mumbai. These developments will boost the demand for current and upcoming residential real estate projects in nearby areas, such as Piramal Aranya, a luxury residential project by Piramal Realty. The residents will have better connectivity, scenic views, open space, and an enhanced overall livability quotient.
MahaRERA # Piramal Aranya – Wing A : P51900003324 – MahaRERA # Piramal Aranya – Wing B : P51900018039
Wing C : P51900020330 Website: https://maharera.mahaonline.gov.in/ | This project is funded by HDFC Ltd.